If you own a business, own your domain. The quickest way to get tied down to a web developer is if you let them register and own your domain.
HOW TO GAIN BACK CONTROL OF YOUR DOMAIN?
HERE IS WHAT TO DO
1. To get control of your domain and intellectual property, set up an account with a registrar. We recommend Godaddy because of the human and easy to understand support.
2. Send an email requesting your domain be put in your account. Do not let yourself be talked out of it. Send the old developer your email address used to set up your account. They should then, in a few days, send you an EPP number and unlock your domain.
3. When you have your EPP number login to your Godaddy Account and purchase a “Domain Transfer” by clicking this link after logging in to your Godaddy account. https://www.godaddy.com/help/transfer-my-domain-to-godaddy-1592
4. Once you purchase the transfer, you’ll be prompted to Unlock the domain and Get authorization code. Enter the authorization code in the space provided and follow the prompts to check-out.
5. Within 7 days the domain should show up in your account.
For more information or help feel free to contact us.
Or you can send us a text. Text Message